DAP is a leading manufacturer and supplier of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and other general patch and repair products. You'll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars" represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America's best home repair products. DAP has twice been voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work”! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers.
The Baltimore manufacturing facility has an opening for a Production Scheduler/Planner. This role will lead the development of production schedules that will meet safety stock and production order requirements, and adjusting as required based on changes in demand and production results.
- Using information from corporate systems, oversees or develops schedules for assigned packaging lines to fulfill safety stock requirements, promotion requests and customer orders, and to optimize utilization of assets. Update schedules based on changes in demand and production performance.
- Work closely with packaging inventory analyst to ensure adequate packaging supplies for production schedules. Communicate regularly with corporate personnel to incorporate longer-range forecasts into plan.
- Communicate regularly with packaging and compounding leaders regarding schedules, including prioritization of lines, backup plans and changing requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of plant trials, promotions, packaging changeovers, and special projects as needed.
- On a daily basis, reconcile finished goods between corporate systems, to ensure consistency. Take corrective measures as necessary. Review transaction adjustments to ensure accuracy.
- Assist plant leadership by performing necessary duties during annual physical inventory
- At least 3-5 years of experience
- High School degree with Bachelors’ degree (preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities of a production environment
- Proactive and well organized. Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- ERP system knowledge: SAP preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
Click below to review DAP's Employment Privacy Notice: