Camp Abilities Counselor
Camp Abilities Nebraska is seeking Camp Counselors for a week-long residential sports and leadership development camp for youth who are blind, visually impaired or deaf-blind.
The Camp Counselor will be responsible for coaching, instructing, giving feedback and assessing campers. Candidates must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and well-prepared to provide a quality physical activity experience for campers.
- $300 Stipend
- Free room and board throughout the duration of the camp
- Training Session: July 18, 2020 - July 19, 2020
- Camp Dates: July 19, 2020 - July 24, 2020
- 18 years or older to apply.
- Able to interact with youth ages 9 to 19.
- Good communicator with excellent social interaction skills.
- Comfortable in the swimming pool (a high degree of swimming proficiency is not necessary).
- Available to remain at camp for the entire week of July 21-27, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Available for overnight stay at Boys Town
- Pass a background check and drug screen.
About Camp Abilities:
Camp Abilities Nebraska is a week-long residential sports and leadership development camp for youth ages 9 to 19, who are blind, visually impaired or deaf-blind.
Youth explore sports and recreational activities in a safe environment with University of Nebraska Omaha instructors, who have expertise in adaptive techniques. Each evening children share their new adventures with friends and camp leaders during our Care to Share session at suppertime. Children may participate in swimming, beep baseball, bowling, bicycle riding, rock wall climbing, archery, trampolining, track and field and much more.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.