Quality Control Bioseparations Intern
Position: BioSeparations Intern/Co-Op, Syracuse Quality Control (QC) Department
Location: Syracuse NY
Description: We are seeking a highly motivated summer intern to be part of the Quality Control Laboratory BioSeparations team. The successful candidate will be involved in a project to update the visual management supply ordering/inventory systems used to support testing activities. The intern will develop a tool to manage consumables, determine cost per method and organize consumables into a point of use storage area to support the new laboratory location. This project will impact multiple teams within the QC organization.
The intern will develop an understanding of the methodologies used to support Peptide Mapping, Glycan Profiling, Capillary Electrophoresis, Imaged Capillary Isoelectric Focusing and Cation-Exchange HPLC/UPLC analyses of biologic pharmaceutical products. The intern will also learn lean laboratory principles to operate a testing laboratory efficiently. The intern will acquire interpersonal and project management skills through successful collaboration with analysts and others within the organization.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is the industry leader in immuno-oncology with life-saving medicines and a rich clinical portfolio of diverse modalities including monoclonal antibody, antibody drug conjugate, fusion protein, and combination regimes. The candidate will have the opportunity to actively partner with various biologics development groups across the QC environment.
- Directly contribute to the organization’s lean lab system for maintaining consumables/supplies
- Assure availability of consumables thru ease of use for analyst
- Deliver a workable tool for consumable tracking/cost per test
- College participant with interest in Chemistry/Biological sciences and/or business management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Experience in data base management is a plus.
- Knowledge of biologics separation techniques (such as chromatography, electrophoresis, glycan analysis) is a plus
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability at leveraging modern technologies.
Majors: Science or business management