Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- High school diploma or GED and 1 year of related work experience required.
- Must possess and maintain auto liability insurance.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must be able to obtain OPOTA Basic Bailiff certification and successfully complete all required OPOTA courses upon hire.
- Must pass extensive background screening process, including a drug screen and polygraph exam.
- Preferred Qualifications:Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice and 3 years of related work experience preferred.
- Possession of an OPOTA Certification.
Special Working Conditions and/or Hazards:
- Employees work indoors and are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
- Employees work outdoors and may not be protected from weather conditions.
- Exposure to individuals who may be unruly at times.
- Provides security and safety at 800 Broadway, Juvenile Detention, and Work Detail in courtrooms, holding facilities and public areas for defendants, their families, the public, and court staff.
- Appropriately responds to resistance from individuals who are not following court orders or who are at risk to harm others or themselves.
- Transports prisoners to and from Juvenile courtrooms at 800 Broadway and Juvenile Detention.
- Transports juveniles between 800 Broadway, 2020 Auburn Avenue, 1000 Main Street and Court Ordered placements.
- Provides supervision to prisoners within the court holding facilities.
- Completes all daily logs, incident reports and any other paperwork that is required daily.
- Assists with dockets at 800 Broadway/Juvenile Detention and being alert for potential problems.
- Assists Juvenile Probation Officers with arrests. Participates in extradition and pick up of juvenile detainees from locations in and out of state.
- Works cooperatively with all Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Delivers money to bank.
- Serves Forthwith Subpoenas, Emergency Orders and Warrants as necessary.
- All other duties as required.
- Summary of KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES required for the position:Must possess clerical/administrative skills/abilities, which include: Complete all logs maintained by the Security Department on a daily basis including incident reports and any other paperwork that is required.
- Must possess computer/technical skills/abilities, which include: Must be able to do some typing on the computer.
- Must possess written and oral communication skills/abilities, which include: Must possess effective written and verbal skills in order to effectively communicate with all team members and public.
Hamilton County Juvenile Court is a Drug-Free Workplace