Operations associate, Global Supply Chain, GHSC-PSM
Chemonics seeks an Operations Associate to support the Global Supply Chain (GSC) team of the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Arlington, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a variety of operational support areas such as recruitment, staff recognition, corporate events, budgeting, project management and logistics for a dynamic team on the GHSC-PSM project. The GSC team manages GHSC-PSM's GSC technology, which is integral to the project in procuring, tracking and delivering essential health commodities globally. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
- Assist the Operations Manager and Director with coordinating all GSC team operations, including talent management, staffing and resourcing, performance management, staff recognition and events, and portfolio management, including budgeting, financial management, and performance reporting
- Support the Director of Global Supply Chain to develop and implement business operations strategies, plans, and procedures, and ensure consistency with operations across the GHSCO
- Provide operational support to the Director of Global Supply Chain
- Assist the Operations Manager and Director with staffing and resource requirements within the GSC team, including staffing budget and recruitment
- Assist with overhead staffing budget preparation for the GSC team, and assists with quarterly and ad hoc reporting to the Executive Office
- Represent the GSC team internally by liaising with other divisions to reinforce and resolve all aspects of operations
- Assist with coordinating formal performance assessment process; assist with instructing supervisors on how to clearly articulate performance goals and standards, provide regular feedback, and provide overall professional advancement advice and direction to supervisees
- Facilitate staff access to training opportunities and monitor staff progress throughout training processes
- Expand professional and technical knowledge through a variety of internal and external training and resources
- Actively engage in technical practice of relevance to areas of interest or focus, sharing information and best practices learned with the company
- Participate on proposal leadership roles such as coordinator, personnel and management writer, cost preparer, or technical writer, and mentor others
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum one year of administrative and/or technically relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in business analysis, software testing, and/or IT project management preferred
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, word processing abilities, knowledge of MS Office applications, and attention to detail
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4 to 8 weeks per year; experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- English fluency required, secondary language fluency desired
Apply through our Career Center athttps://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1&rid=3521 by January 15, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.