Student Intern II- Data Security
This position supports a department or function by performing assigned tasks or assisting with assigned projects, allowing the intern to gain an understanding of the business function.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Participates and is involved in a variety of projects that support the needs of the department / facility. Works with the members of the team to identify solutions and perform tasks that accomplish individual and team goals.
- 2. Attends team / department meetings and actively participate / take on opportunities to share knowledge and skills that are pertinent to the meeting.
- 3. Gains knowledge of the department's / facilities functions. May job shadow various roles within the department in order to understand their role in the organization.
- 4. Works with other members of the department / facility to accomplish assigned tasks.
- 5. Project Assistance: May be assigned one or more specific projects during the internship. Demonstrates an understanding of the process and accountability for the results / outcomes. Works independently or as a member of a team to accomplish the tasks necessary to successfully complete the project. Involves others when needed in a timely manner and work to meet project timelines.
- 6. Miscellaneous: Provides staff operational / clerical support to the department / facility as needed.
- Entry Rate: $15.00
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Temporary, 40 hours a week
- Department: Data Security at Lake Park Campus, West Valley City, Utah
- Student in IS or related field who is in their third or fourth year of an undergraduate program at an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity