Primary Function: The Geospatial Analyst is responsible for performing GEOINT geospatial data creation, analysis and processing tasks relating to the development of GIS databases, the compilation of geospatial data required for multiple-scale map, and database production. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure geospatial products are in compliance with applicable specification.
- Construct spatial databases and apply attribution as needed.
- Edit spatial and tabular data.
- Create functional GIS models using both raster and vector data.
- Establish complex relational database joins and queries using ArcGIS and other commercially available software.
- Identify new processes and procedures within a project
- Work with Technical Lead on developing new or updated SOPs.
- Produce professional quality maps and tabular outputs for presentations.
- Responsible for creating orthophotos and image processing to meet customer specifications and deadlines.
- May require GPS field work to develop ground control in support of aerial imagery or LiDAR projects.
- Adhere to quality control procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical expertise in the areas of Geography, Photogrammetry, Cartography, Imagery Analysis, GIS, Surveying and Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of federal government (NGA, AGC, NAVFAC, USACE, etc.) spatial data products and services.
- Knowledge of commonly applied standards including but not limited to ASPRS and FGDC.
- Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.