Manufacturing Engineer (CMM Programmer)
Description & Primary Responsibilities
The CMM Programmer takes ownership for deliverables and collaborates with internal stakeholders, ensuring productivity enhancement and execution excellence. They own the programming across Hexagon and/or Zeiss CMM's.
The CMM Programmer will use Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) & Six Sigma tools to improve processes to reduce part cost and increase yields. They will promote a culture of customer centricity, innovation and continuous improvement in people, technical and process capability development using the ACE/Six Sigma tools.
- Programming in either CALYPSO and/PC-DMIS of Aerospace Parts
- Ability to understand complex engineering drawings using GD&T
- Experience with reading complex prints with the ability to interpret Balloons and MQI's
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in CMM programming
- Self-starter able to prioritize multiple priorities with little guidance
- This position must meet Export Control and ITAR compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person” as defined by 22 CFR § 120.15 is required. "US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in a related engineering field
- Experience with UG-NX
- Experience with Zeiss RDS-CAA, articulating probe holder
- Knowledge of Airfoils/Blades, Disks, Fixtures, and Tooling in a machine manufacturing environment
- Ability to convert PC-DMIS programs to CALYPSO
- Experience in Aerospace or Defense industry
- Experience operating in an AS9100 Environment