Human Resources Specialist, Recruitment and Placement
This position is part of the Education Human Resources, Bureau of Indian Education. As a Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement) you will be responsible for the recruitment and placement functions for Haskell Indian Nations University (HINU).
Open & closing dates: 11/15/2019 to 12/06/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Salary: $62,737 to $81,563 per year
Appointment type: Temporary - Not to Exceed 1 Year
Work schedule: Full-Time
Location: Lawrence, KS
As a Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement) GS-0201-11, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Processing of recruitment and placement actions
- Conducts job analyses on a wide variety of complex positions
- Review candidates qualifications
- Conducts research and advises management on technical issues
- Use of special hiring authorities such as Veteran's Recruitment Act, reinstatement, and Schedule A appointment
- Utilizes automated recruitment systems
Conditions of Employment:
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- BACKGROUND SECURITY INVESTIGATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW HIRES
- APPOINTMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO A 2 YR TRIAL OR 1 YR PROBATIONARY PERIOD
- APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE
- VALID STATE-ISSUED DRIVERS LICENSE IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the qualification requirements contained in the OPM Standards. For this position, they are listed below.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GS-0201-11 Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.
GS-11: One (1) year of specialized experience that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service that includes: provide expert services on recruitment and placement actions, assists supervisor and managers to achieve the most efficient, effective and economical use of human resources recruitment and placement strategies, conducts and finalizes job analyses and crediting plans, initiate vacancy announcements in USAStaffing, determine the appropriate rating and ranking, selective factors, extend job offers, setting pay, initiate the onboarding process, hiring strategies utilized such as Veterans Recruitment act, reinstatement, Schedule A appointments, competitive placement, and other appointment authorities, utilizes automated recruitment systems to recruit applicants and to provide information and instruction to the applicants and advises management on a wide variety of technical issues in human resources;
Successfully completed 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education of Ph.D. or equivalent Doctoral degree;
A combination of successfully completed graduate level education beyond the first year of progressive graduate study, and specialized experience that together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for the position.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS: In addition to the specialized experience applicant must possess the additional knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements.
Applicants must possess one year of experience at the next lower grade level. Do you possess the in-depth knowledge at the GS-09 level in the Federal Civilian service of at least three of the following Federal Human Resources functional areas: recruitment, staffing, processing, pay administration, employee & labor relations; with documented training and/or demonstrated experience in these functional areas showing you can perform the functions;
Applicants must possess one year of experience at the next lower grade level. Do you possess the knowledge and skill in applying comprehensive HR staffing and recruitment principles, concepts, laws, regulations, techniques, and guidelines sufficient to conduct job analyses, develop crediting plans, determine quality rating factors, and issue promotion certificates on a wide variety of positions, to include processing a full range of personnel actions in the HR systems of record. Utilizes automated systems (example: USA Staffing) to advertise current vacancy announcements and to provide information and instructions to the public.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year (52 weeks) of service at the next lower grade level.
EDUCATION: Transcripts MUST be uploaded and electronically linked from USAJOBS at the time you apply and MUST include identifying information to include School Name, Student Name, credit hours, major, and grade-point average or class ranking, degree and date awarded. All academic degrees and coursework must be completed at a college or university that has obtained accreditation or pre-accreditation status from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Applicants are responsible for providing documentation that the educational requirements have been met. To qualify based on education you must submit a legible copy of your transcripts. Official transcripts are required upon selection if you qualified based on education.
Education must have been obtained from an accredited or pre-accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume (must be current/updated and include the following):
- Work Experience:
- Position title
- Dates of employment (include month/year)
- Hours worked per week
- Current supervisor's name and telephone number
- Duties (Please be specific and include any accomplishments)
- References (include complete name and telephone number)
- Must be 3 professional references
- Most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action" showing you are/were in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held (if applying as a status candidate with current or former Federal Service)
- DD-214 (member copy 4), SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities
- Noncompetitive appointment authority documentation, if applicable
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)?
- OF-306 (Declaration of Federal Employment) sign and dated: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OF0306.pdf
- Applicant Screening Questionnaire (Indian Children Protection Requirements): https://bie.edu/cs/groups/xbie/documents/collection/idc012837.pdf
- College transcript(s): Copy of undergraduate education transcripts. Unofficial college transcripts are acceptable but official college transcripts will be required before entrance on duty.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Form BIA 4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment (required for claiming Indian Preference). The form must be completed by the appropriate official with the federally-recognized tribe where the applicant is enrolled as a member. No other form will be accepted.
- Cover Letter, optional
NOTE: Persons submitting incomplete applications will be given credit only for the information they provide. The applicant is responsible for submitting all required documentation in support of their application in order to receive full credit for their Indian preference, veteran preference, experience, training, and/or education. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED FROM THIS OFFICE.
DRIVING REQUIREMENT (Required only at time of appointment): Incumbent may be required, as an incidental duty, to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Education.