MassChallenge is looking for an ambitious Program Coordinator to support its flagship accelerator program in Boston, which is celebrating its 10th year. Reporting to the Boston Program Director, you’ll have the opportunity to embed yourself into the local innovation ecosystem to identify and support top startups across industries. Your day-to-day will include supporting core program activities, engaging with our cohort of world-changing startups, and activating our community of experts, in-kind partners, universities, and more to deliver the highest-quality, evidence-based program possible.
Are you an experienced operations professional who thrives in fast-paced environments, gets excited about process improvements, and is looking to help startups create widespread impact across industries? Then you’ve come to the right place! See details below and apply today.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate with Program Director and Startup Services Manager to deliver the highest-quality, evidence-based accelerator program for early-stage startups:
- Analysis of past survey and ChartIO data.
- Shared learnings with MC programs around the world.
- Support of MassChallenge Rhode Island accelerator.
- Support core program activities, including:
- Judging (judge confirmations, on-site logistics, follow-up).
- Curriculum (speaker asks, startup promotion / registrations, on-site logistics, follow up).
- Events in coordination with MC’s New England Events Team (community invites / promotions, on-site logistics).
- Startup Services in coordination with Startup Services Manager (move-in preparations, customer service, activities to drive Net Promoter Score).
- Lead applications efforts for the MassChallenge Boston accelerator, including:
- Direct outreach to source 1,300+ applications across industries and from regions around the world.
- Targeted community outreach to universities, mentors, and alumni to drive referrals.
- Promotions and info sessions to educate applicants.
- Weekly reporting to ensure we’re tracking towards goals.
- Shape and distinguish the MassChallenge Boston voice through our social channels, local media relations, and community newsletter, which circulates to 20,000+ corporates, experts, investors, and alumni on a monthly basis.
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- You have a bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of work experience in a business, operations, or innovation strategy role.
- You have exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- You are able to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- You have exceptional project management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- You are goal-oriented, ambitious, self-starter, detail oriented, solution-oriented and passionate.
- You pay attention to detail and have a creative mind.
- You bleed the MassChallenge mantra, We Help Entrepreneurs Win and are eager to be a part of our community.
Who We Are
MassChallenge is a global network of zero-equity startup accelerators. Headquartered in the United States with locations in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Rhode Island, Switzerland, and Texas, MassChallenge is committed to strengthening the global innovation ecosystem by supporting high-potential startups across all industries, from anywhere in the world. To date, our 2,344 MassChallenge alumni have raised more than $5 billion in funding, generated more than $2.7 billion in revenue, and created more than 136,000 total jobs. Learn more about MassChallenge at masschallenge.org.
How We Work
We envision a creative and inspired society in which everyone recognizes that they can define their future and is empowered to maximize their impact. Our mission is BIG and so we are a team that gives 110% to it every day. Our Guiding Principles ensure we stay true to our mission and our core beliefs:
- Impact Now: Think big, act big, know that you can change the world.
- Be Genuine: Give trust and earn respect.
- Help Entrepreneurs Win: Startups first in every facet of our business.
- Team Up: Work together, empower your teammates, laugh often.
- Own It: Celebrate wins; embrace failures; this is how we learn together. Be at cause.
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help catalyze a global renaissance.
How to Apply
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at MassChallenge and why you are a perfect match for this job.
Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community we serve. Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.