Census Field Manager, AD-0301-00, Census-EXT-MM
- Duty station for this position is at the Area Census Office (ACO) in Des Moines, Iowa. In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE within commuting distance of POLK COUNTY, IOWA.
- Relocation will not be paid.
- Learn more about this agency
- The individual selected for this position will:
- Directly supervise approximately 10-15 Census Field Supervisors, and approximately 3-5 office support clerks.
- Provide group and individual training; monitor daily assignments; and provide advice and guidance to subordinate staff.
- Maintain effective public relations with the community within the office boundaries, such as the local news media, community leaders and organizations, and local government officials.
- Establish an effective working relationship with traditionally hard to enumerate populations or with specific populations indigenous to the area within the office boundaries, which incumbent is responsible for, including those with unique cultural community, religious, or other characteristic.
- Assure specific levels of quality and progress of field operations are being met through analysis of various computer generated reports and observation.
- Review and analyze cost, quality, and progress reports to assure operations are conducted within prescribed time/allocations and quality and cost efficient standards.
- 25% or less - Position requires 25% local travel.