Graduate Development Program, Information Technology - Customer Service Management
Job ID 7454
Location Waltham, Massachusetts
Organization Development Programmes
Department STRATEGY DESIGN
About the Graduate Development Program
National Grid’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is an in-depth training and development program for high achieving recent college graduates who aspire to take on future leadership roles in a dynamic, ever-changing industry. Graduates start their careers at National Grid with an in-depth 8-week Orientation which gives you exposure to all part of the company, allows you to network with your Graduate cohort, GDP alumni, and senior leaders, and provides you with the opportunity to travel throughout our service territory in the northeast US.
Following Orientation, Graduates begin working in their hired position. Additionally, all Graduates will develop leadership skills through quarterly development session and a Capstone Project at the completion of your first year with National Grid. You will meet amazing individuals, both within our organization and local communities and will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and insight to help you start and progress in your career.
Information Technology Graduate Rotations
Our IT professionals are shaping the future of how National Grid leverages technology. We are technology thought leaders focused on the end user, delivering reliable and secure services and solutions. This position will take part in our IT Graduate Development Rotational Program, an 18-month experience to help you develop technical and leadership skills. You will complete three 6-month rotations in varying IT departments to build core competencies that will enable you to become an IT professional. Your first rotation will be in the role outlined below and you will return to this role following two other 6-month rotations where your knowledge of IT at National Grid will be expanded.
About the Position
The Customer Service Management (CSM) team is part of the overall Information Technology Infrastructure and Operations team. Our primary goal is to interface directly with all areas of IT and the business to function as the “trusted advisor” and “business partner” for all day to day, IT in scope support. The US CSM team consists of 8 employees that cover all of the varying business units. This position specifically targets the following business units: NG Ventures, Finance, Business & Financial Services (Payroll, Employee Benefits) Corporate Functions (Legal, Audit, HR), Group Functions (Global Procurement, Tax, Insurance & Treasury, etc.) & Customer Operations (Contact Centers, Websites, Marketing, etc.). Our team meets with each of these business units to hear how IT can provide better support and improve productivity. We work closely with all areas in IT to champion new tools and technologies that enable better collaboration.
The Graduate for CSM will get exposure and opportunity to interact and work collaboratively with the business side of National Grid, IT organization and third party suppliers/vendors. You will get a bird’s eye view into how the company is designed as well as how each area operates and how they interact with each other. You will develop and strengthen leadership capabilities, communication (written and oral) skills and learn how to work in an agile environment.
- Build relationships with key staff within IT Service Delivery and Business Relationship Managers to help provide exceptional IS Customer Service to the business.
- Understanding the needs of our customers, communicating with them effectively and assisting with their IT struggles on a daily basis. Monitoring and evaluating SLAs on the Business’ behalf.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Graduated between May 2019 and May 2020
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; official college transcript required for confirmation
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to begin the National Grid Graduate Program June 1, 2020 or June 22, 2020
- Valid driver’s license with safe driving history
- Proven leadership experience
- Listening skills, presentation creation and delivery skills, documentation & training skills & follow-up skills
- Applicants for the Graduate Development Program must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States