Entry-Level Software Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting career in software development? Come join a high-performing software development team with leading edge technology and a positive, growth-oriented culture. The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) is seeking a full-time, entry-level software engineer to become a permanent part of our team. Our projects support numerous space missions and are focused on building innovative, new capabilities of national importance. Our team implements an iterative software development methodology; providing solutions to our customer at regular intervals.
SDL, a University Affiliated Research Center, has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data visualization and assurance, and ground stations.
Candidates should possess familiarity in one or more of the following areas: software design, distributed systems design, real-time processing, APIs, signal processing, GPU processing, graphics, data visualization, database design, web UI/UX design, hardware drivers, and or AI/machine learning.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
· Strong computing background and can demonstrate capabilities in object-oriented design and development
· Strong understanding of version control strategies in Git
· Strong understanding of unit testing in strategy and in practice
· Must be able to work effectively both independently and with a team
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a US government security clearance
· Some travel may be required
· Experience with Atlassian management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.)
· Understanding of continuous integration in Jenkins
· Understanding of messaging frameworks and communications protocols
· Prior experience with development or testing of satellite flight or ground systems
At SDL, we take pride in and highly value our employees. SDL offers competitive salaries and a fantastic benefits package, among which include:
· Flexible work schedules
· Generous annual, sick, and holiday paid leave
· A variety of inexpensive-premium, quality health, dental, and vision insurance options
· Generous employer retirement contribution
· Discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents
· Opportunities for fully reimbursed education plans
· Access to USU facilities and USU staff privileges
Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.