Recruiting Manager (Evansville, IN - Area Census Office)
Open & closing dates
- Opening and closing dates 09/09/2019 to 09/16/2019
Pay scale & grade
- AD 00
- $19 to $19 per hour
- Temporary - Temporary Appointment less than a year with a possible extension NTE 9/26/2020. Position may be extended at management's discretion.
- Full-Time - The work schedule for this position is mixed-tour. With a mixed-tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time, and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.
Help Help Location
FEW vacancies in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Help Help This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
All qualified United States citizens.
Duties Help Help Duties
- This position is located at the Area Census Office (ACO) in Evansville, INDIANA.
- In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE in the Evansville, INDIANA commuting area.
- Relocation will not be paid.
- Learn more about this agency
- Supervise and manage a decentralized workforce in various geographic locations. Lead a team to ensure staffing needs are met and locally represented for all geographic locations.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with local news media, community leaders and organizations, local government officials to promote community cooperation and generate support for recruitment efforts.
- Maintain liaison with organizations that refer applicants and other employment sources.
- Recruit and train recruiting assistants, office operations supervisors and office clerks.
- Develop and implement a recruiting campaign, and monitor recruitment results to ensure large volumes of applicants apply within a specific geographic location.
- Occasional travel - May require occasional travel.
How to Apply
- Your complete application, including required documents, must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. To apply on-line, you must complete and submit an application by accessing the USAJOBS website at http://www.usajobs.gov/. To begin, click the "Apply" button and follow the prompts to register into your USAJOBS account, answer the questions, and submit all required documents. (After registering in your USAJOBS account and clicking "Submit," you will automatically transition to the Department of Commerce's specific site where you will complete your application. You must click "Submit" at the end of the application process to send your application for consideration.)
- To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account at http://www.usajobs.gov/ and click on "Applications." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application"
- If you have problems completing your online application, including problems submitting your supporting documents, please contact the Help Desk by email at email@example.com or by phone at 866.656.6831.
- The help desk is available Monday—Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.
Agency contact information
2020 Census Recruiting 2020 Census Recruiting
- BUREAU OF THE CENSUS
- Chicago Regional Census Center
- Chicago, Illinois 60604
- United States
- Learn more about this agency
- You will be notified of your application status through USAJOBS at four points during the hiring process, as applicable. You can check the status of your application by accessing the USAJOBS website at http://usajobs.gov/ and clicking on "Applications." The status will be visible next to the corresponding positions.
- The four points of notification are:
- 1. Application Received or Application Incomplete;
- 2. Minimum Qualification Requirement Met or Minimum Qualification Requirement Not Met;
- 3. Referred or Not Referred; and
- 4. Selected or Not Selected
- By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work; or, you may be fined or jailed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation. You will be required to submit official documentation prior to appointment. The agency will then verify the information provided on your application (i.e., degree, veterans' preference, disability, etc.).
Fair & Transparent Fair & Transparent
- The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants