Child Care Coordinator - YMCA
As the leader in youth development, we are searching for exemplary leaders modeling our core values and delivering quality programming. Currently, the Moody YMCA has an excellent opportunity for a full time hourly coordinator who will be responsible for the management, planning and supervision of the Child Watch and Rise Aftercare Programs. In this position you will collaborate with the Rise School Director to ensure staff are well trained for Rise After School care. The person in this position will ensure licensing requirements are met for all Rise Aftercare staff and program activities. The ideal candidate will have strong supervisor experience as the Youth Program Coordinator will have direct supervision of 20+ part time staff.
In this position you will hire and train staff, create schedules, purchase equipment and supplies, and ensure that toys and equipment are clean and safe. In addition, you will conduct staff meetings, develop new programming for families during after school, summer, and evenings.
This is a key position, and to be successful you would need to be a natural at building relationships with program participants, team members, and the community. The person in this position will be responsible for ensuring implementation of YMCA policies and procedures by staff including health, safety, and emergency procedures.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Supervisor experience including hiring, training, counseling, scheduling and coaching staff.
- Bachelor degree and/or courses in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with children with knowledge of child development and positive discipline techniques.
- Experience working with Downs and Autistic youth preferred
- Will be required to take a TB test prior to beginning child care duties.
- Must be able to complete required training including CPR, First Aid, AED, Child Abuse Prevention, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, New Staff Orientation, etc.
- Have the desire and ability to work with and lead staff and children and possess the ability to lead others in group activities, especially leading recreational activities.
- Basic appreciation and understanding of group management and child development and be able to creatively schedule programs, facilities, and staff.
- Applicants should possess imagination, a sense of humor, patience, conviction, sincerity, enthusiasm, professionalism, initiative, self-control, adaptability, willingness to learn, integrity, and ingenuity.
- Applicants should be able to accept supervision and guidance and must be able to execute all programs represented in the daily schedule.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs for distances up to 100 yards.
- Occasional Saturday (8:00am - 1:00pm) and evening shifts until 7:30pm.
Pay Range: $14.00 to $18.00 per hour
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
Benefits: The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement of 12% paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements, and PTO (Paid Time Off).