Engineer I - Systems
Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Ethos & Corporate Responsibility
- Commitment to Ethics
- Commitment to Employees
- Supporting Service Members
- Supporting Communities
- Environmental Responsibility
Department 428 Electrical Systems is looking for highly motivated entry-level engineers to the fill engineering positions in the Auxiliary Systems group.
- The D428 Auxiliary Systems group is a COLUMBIA Program dedicated team responsible for the development of Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) secondary propulsion systems, controllers, and galley and habitability systems.
Technical tasks include:
- Developing and managing hardware, software, cybersecurity, and interface requirements and specifications
- Developing procurement specifications and subcontractor statements of work
- Identifying, documenting and coordination of system/component interfaces
- Integration of system/component into ship and support of ship arrangement (layout)
- Developing wiring diagrams and schematics in support of ship construction drawings
- Selecting components for use within system/component designs
- Developing system/component test procedures and support qualification testing
- Identifying and managing of system/component risks
- Developing system/component development plans and schedules
- Electrical support of generator and regulator development
- Subcontractor management including interaction with program office, contracts, purchasing and supplier quality organizations
- Supporting system/component logistics documentation including technical manuals, ship system manuals and operating instructions
- Developing written correspondence, technical papers and presentations for Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or related technical bachelor’s degree with electrical concentration required. Previous Navy experience will also be considered. The candidate must be knowledgeable in electrical and electronic engineering fundamentals.
Candidates must be highly motivated, possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must be able to multi-task, work in teams and possess skills that permit independent functioning without significant oversight. Ability to read and understand drawings is required.
Experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following areas are preferred:
- Military system or component development for Naval Platforms
- Project management and systems engineering practices and principles including earned value management, configuration management, and requirements management.
- Sensors and controls
Occasional travel will be required for these positions.
Share on your newsfeed
Top 3 Reasons to Connect with Electric Boat
- Add Your Resume to Our Talent Pools
- Special Job Alerts
- Electric Boat News, Press Releases and Submarine Images