PTS College Intern - Technology Services
The City of Santa Clarita is committed to providing a challenging and meaningful work experience for college students. The City offers unique opportunities for students to gain hands-on and in-depth experience in a variety of disciplines related to local, regional, state, and federal government operations. We provide real world work assignments, which provide interns the opportunity to work side-by-side with professional City staff committed to teamwork and providing superior municipal services to the community of Santa Clarita.
SALARY: $16.03 – $25.66/hour
OPENING DATE: 8/29/2019
CLOSING DATE: 9/13/2019
20-30 hours per week is preferred. Expected duration of this internship is from September 2019 to June 2020. Please submit design or HTML-related samples with your application, if available.
DESCRIPTION/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Convert departmental creative marketing ideas to digital email campaigns
- Use HTML and CSS to customize and update email campaigns and related webpages
- Use Photoshop and similar Adobe Suite applications to customize campaign graphics for email, websites, and social media
- Create online surveys and forms
- Manage calendar events using an online community calendar
- Work with Google Analytics associated with email campaigns
- Provide administrative support, as needed
Education and Experience:
If you are a current or recent undergraduate or graduate student and are interested in gaining meaningful, hands-on work experience at the local government level, this may be the program for you.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES ARE HIGHLY DESIRABLE:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Research techniques, survey methods, and data collection
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with all levels of staff and the community
- Computer experience, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- HTML, CSS, and graphic design experience a plus
An online completed City application is required to apply for this position. All employment information must be provided on the application. Providing a resume is not a substitute for completing this section of the application. Applications left incomplete or with a reference to attachments may be rejected.
All offers of employment with the City of Santa Clarita are made contingent upon receipt of proof of legal right to work in the United States and successful completion of Department of Justice fingerprinting. Criminal offender information will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The City uses the E-Verify program to electronically confirm work authorization of newly hired employees.
In addition, College Interns may be required to participate in the DMV Employer Pull-Notice Program. This program authorizes the City to receive a driving record upon hire and during employment.
Part-time, temporary and seasonal (PTS) workers are at-will.
The City of Santa Clarita is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.santa-clarita.com.
A fully completed online City application form is required to apply for this position until closing on September 13, 2019.