Math Teacher #2056- Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School
Date Closing: Open until filled.
Posting # 2056
The Sauk Rapids-Rice Public School District No. 47 is seeking experienced and innovative middle school mathematics teacher to provide instruction and intervention at Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School. Preferred candidates will have experience using technology in meaningful ways for teaching and learning, will have background in Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS), experience teaching math interventions, and experience working with middle level students to learn mathematics standards.Note- some words removed from this paragraph
Sauk Rapids-Rice Public Schools believe in:
- A culture of continuous learning and growth in a caring, collaborative and supportive environment
- Effective partnerships between students, staff, families and community members
- An inclusive, safe, caring and stimulating learning environment that promotes shared responsibility for performance and innovation
- Effective and ongoing communication with and outreach to students, staff, families and community members
- transparency and good stewardship of resources
- Provide an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, physical and psychological growth
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
- Identify, select and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, interests, and learning needs
- Review, analyze, and utilize achievement data to make data-driven decisions about lesson design and interventions needed
- Provide interventions strategies according to student needs
- Understand and have experience in multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) for students who struggle academically
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
Outstanding candidates will:
- Ability to work with diverse middle school learners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work collaboratively with students, parents/guardians, staff and administration
- Strong classroom management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of best practices, including use of technology resources, for middle school learners
- Experience in creating student-centered learning opportunities that address state standards and support students to become life-long learners
- Experience effectively using a variety of data sources to inform instruction
Valid Minnesota teaching license that allows candidate to instruct students in math in grades 6th, 7th, and 8th.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant subject area
- Experience using technology to augment student learning
- Experience using PBIS to augment student engagement
- Experience with varied mathematics interventions
1.0 FTE for the 2019-2020 school year.
Applications accepted online until filled.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.