Software Engineer @ a growing AI Startup!
Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market.
Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
Integration engineering team is to make sure launching with a new client is smooth and happy. We are dealing with clients and third party system providers to achieve the business goal together.
We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for engineers who will be added to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Can communicate effectively with peers and to tailor your communication to your audience
- Have a willingness to dive in and assist coworkers when incidents arise
- Hard working and care about self-growth
- 3+ years of doing relational database centered development.
- Familiar with all the networking protocols and patterns including TCP, HTTP, HTTPS, RESTful, SOAP.
- Familiar with Java and Ruby tech stack.
- Familiar with writing SDKs / APIs with Java and Ruby.
- Experience with large data projects involving data modeling, data aggregation, data validation.
- Familiar with common development tools including Git, Jenkins, Linux or Mac cmdline.
- Integrate with clients’ IT system to make sure launching is smooth.
- Build enterprise facing solutions for partners.
- Build internal SDKs / APIs during integration.
- Talk and listen to clients and partners to understand requirements and needs.
- Stay challenged, happy and fulfilled!
- Salary depends on experience. Above market salary and equity
- Fully paid medical insurance
- Unlimited Snacks
- Unlimited PTO