Special Education Lead Teacher #2014- Pleasantview Elementary
Date Closing: Open until filled.
POSTING #: 2014
The Sauk Rapids-Rice Public School District No. 47 is seeking an experienced and innovative Lead Special Education Teacher to provide special education expertise at Pleasantview Elementary. Preferred candidates will have experience in leadership and a desire to someday serve in an administrative role. Located in Sauk Rapids, MN, minutes from downtown St. Cloud and approximately an hour northwest of the Twin Cities, Pleasantview Elementary is located in a growing rural area of Central Minnesota and provides quality programs to approximately 740+ students.
1.0 FTE beginning the 2019-2020 school year.
Sauk Rapids-Rice Public Schools believe in:
- A culture of continuous learning and growth in a caring, collaborative and supportive environment
- Effective partnerships between students, staff, families and community members
- An inclusive, safe, caring and stimulating learning environment that promotes shared responsibility for performance and innovation
- Effective and ongoing communication with and outreach to students, staff, families and community members
- Transparency and good stewardship of resources
- Serve as the building administrator designee for special education
- Implement and strengthen behavior programs with research based interventions, while providing support and training for staff and students
- Effectively communicate with parents, staff, students and community members
- Work with administration to assign and monitor caseloads
- Assist with and participate in hiring personnel
- Provide training for and supervision of paraprofessionals
- Plan and facilitate staff training and in-services
- Collaborate effectively with off-campus organizations and agencies
- Assist with select administrative duties
- Serve on the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) leadership team
- Monitor internal due process procedures
- Manage students in crisis proactively
Outstanding candidates will be:
- Effective communicators
- Thoughtful and deliberate decision-makers
- Creative problem solvers with extraordinary relationship skills
- Innovative and able to promote and implement quality programs
- Motivating and positive with students, staff, and parents
- A life-long learner and positive role model
- Knowledgeable in special education due process
- Hold a current Minnesota Teaching License in a special education field
- Experience as a special education teacher
- Hold a Minnesota Teaching License with intentions to seek appropriate leadership endorsements in the near future (or enrolled in a current program working toward receiving this endorsement)
187-day contract for the 2019-2020 school year. Salary and benefits negotiated based on the Sauk Rapids-Rice Education Association Agreement.
Applications accepted online at www.isd47.org/employment until filled.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.