After-School Early Autism Intervention Assistant
As part of a transdisciplinary team of professionals, a behavior instructor (BI) is responsible for facilitating learning for children with autism, ages 18 months to 5 years, primarily in our inclusive preschool.
- Directly implement evidence-based intervention for children with autism in the school, home, and community settings;
- Problem solve in the moment to reduce unwanted behavior in a manner that maximizes learning and minimizes disruption;
- Identify and capture naturally occurring learning opportunities throughout the day;
- Collect and graph data related to skill acquisition targets and maladaptive behaviors;
- Utilize positive reinforcement and antecedent modification to increase appropriate behaviors;
- Individualize instruction to accommodate a variety of learning styles; facilitate the generalization of skills to the home and community environments.
- You will become part of a team of people who are committed to changing the field of autism intervention and inclusive education.
- Every day we have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of individuals and families. Impossibilities can become possibilities. Futures can be changed. Lives can be forever altered for the better.
- We believe one of the deepest purposes of our organization is to positively change the lives of the people who work here.
- We pay well, have great benefits, and focus on personal and professional development.
- We work really hard, persevere despite adversity, and choose courage over comfort.
- And, we have a lot of fun!
- We also expect the highest level of performance and dependability from all team members. If you're interested in becoming the best version of yourself, this job is for you.
- 6 months of experience working with children
- Working knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and developmental delays
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential (earned during training if you do not currently hold)
- AZ IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid driver’s license and insurance policy
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to families’ homes for scheduled home sessions
- CPR & First Aid certification (earned during training if you do not currently hold)
- Professional liability insurance (can be obtained subsequent to hiring)
- Dependable attendance (absolute requirement)
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits package (includes health & dental insurance, paid time off including holidays, vacation, and sick time - for FT team)
- Supervised experience for BCBA candidates
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Regular company-sponsored social events
Please submit a current resume and cover letter. In your letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at YMCC. We want to see your personal style – what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.