Description: Foreign Policy for America (FP4A) is a national organization advocating for principled American engagement in the world. Together with our members and partners, we promote sound policies, hold elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elect champions for our values. The Foreign Policy for America family of organizations includes FP Action Network, our federal political action committee, and Foreign Policy for America Foundation, our 501(c)(3) educational arm. For more on our values, leadership, and work, visit https://www.fp4america.org. The Outreach Associate is a permanent position.
Responsibilities: The Outreach Associate contributes to efforts to support and grow our diverse community, including existing members and new audiences, through events and other programming.
- Contribute to a positive membership experience by engaging with members and considering ways to meet their goals, including the desire to play an active role in a community that shares their values.
- Support efforts to reach diverse new audiences inside and outside Washington through events and other activities, with a specific focus on engaging groups that historically have been under-represented in Washington foreign policy discussions.
- Coordinate monthly event series for our members featuring high-level foreign policy leaders, including working with speakers and event venues, contributing to outreach to attendees, and managing event day logistics.
- Coordinate bimonthly dinners for members of our Leadership Circle and work closely with members to make them aware of upcoming events.
- Support the participation of members in candidate fundraisers in coordination with the Political Director.
- Assist with other efforts as assigned.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, entrepreneurial leader, with a history of supporting, building, and leading diverse communities.
- Work experience: 1-3 years of experience working with membership-based organizations, including supporting the design and execution of successful events. Experience designing remote events is a plus.
- Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Must be proficient in Word and Excel. Familiarity with social media and email marketing platforms is a plus, though not required.
- Capabilities: Outstanding judgment, a sense of teamwork and community, ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to function in a demanding and fast paced environment, ability to maintain confidentiality, and interest in foreign policy. Ability to engage, support, and build a diverse community of leaders is a must.
Compensation: Salary in the range of $35,000 - 50,000; includes benefits package. Salary for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and a 1-2 page writing sample to Info@FP4America.org with "Outreach Associate" in the subject line no later than June 21, 2019. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Foreign Policy for America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.