**ALL EMPLOYEES WHO BEGIN WORKING FOR THE DISTRICT WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESIDE IN LARAMIE COUNTY AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT**
**SPLIT POSITION BETWEEN 4/6 CENTRAL & 2/6 MCCORMICK**
Full-Time: 185 Day Contract
Monday - Friday
Contract Starting Date: August 21, 2019
Salary: $48,420.00 minimum- $80,928 maximum + Benefits
Laramie County School District #1
The job of Classroom Teacher is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans; delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from student's parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
This job reports to the Building Principal.
- Administers subject specific assessments for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students (e.g. demonstrate, illustrate, define, explain, direct, prepare, compare, differentiate, motivate, guide, facilitate, etc.) for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Maintains district equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of the equipment in a safe operating condition and reports defective equipment to the appropriate district personnel for fixing and repairing.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe school learning environment.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, training and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Remains current on research findings relative to teaching and learning for the purpose of applying the appropriate principals and becoming more effective teacher.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to education code and school policies.
- Responds to inquires from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
- Utilizes accepted principals of learning in an effective manner (e.g. transfer, reinforcement, motivation, retention, etc.) for the purpose of providing excellent classroom instruction.
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; age appropriate activities; lesson plan requirements; stages of child development; and behavioral management strategies.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining constructive relationships; adapting to changing work priorities; maintaining confidentiality; exhibiting tact and patience; and working flexible hours.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is some opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking, and 45% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Experience: Job related experience is required.
Education: Bachelors degree in job-related area.
Equivalency Required Testing
Certificates: Appropriate Wyoming State Department of Education Certificate, endorsement and highly qualified status
Continuing Educ./Training Clearances
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
FLSA Status Exempt
HIRING MANAGER: Brian Aragon
Title: Asst Principal, Central High School
HR Staff: Susan Johnson