2019-2020 School Year - Elementary Bilingual/ESL Teacher
If you are interested please apply through WECAN; https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/Employer/3664/Vacancies/1.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Valid Wisconsin teaching certificate in the subject area of employment (ESL is required, Bilingual is preferred).
• Minimum grade point average of 2.75 in a 4.0 grading system in degree course work.
• Commitment to social justice and culturally and linguistically responsive practices.
• Commitment to teaching the whole child (academics and social emotional learning).
• Ability to embed differentiation in daily instruction to meet the need of a wide range of students.
• Commitment to collaboration and reflection within a school community dedicated to continuous improvement.
• Commitment to continued development of cultural competence.
• Ability to adjust instruction based on formative assessment data.
• Ability to communicate effectively to form partnerships with families.
• Ability to reflect on practice.
• Bilingual candidates (Spanish/English) are strongly preferred.