Academic Lab Manager, Engineering Technology and Design
Miami Dade College, one of the largest and most diverse institution of higher education in the nation is accepting applications for the position of Academic Lab Manager, Engineering Technology and Design at the Kendall Campus.
The Academic Lab Manager organizes, controls, and supervises the general workflow of the day-to-day operation within an educational technology environment; to include but not limited to, maintenance of equipment, quality control, pricing, and purchasing. Provides professional customer service with students, tutors, advisors, faculty, and administrators to support students’ development and improvement of specific skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports faculty; as well as, in the content areas in the assessment and diagnosis of student needs as evidenced by their performance
- Supervises part-time lab instructors, includes hiring, scheduling and evaluation, documenting and maintaining payroll records
- Arranges and implements annual training for lab staff both interdepartmentally and through College
- Training and Development establishing clear communication channels for areas to include systems and strategies to deal with a fast-moving and sometime unpredictable environment
- Serves as a tutor in limited areas and assists with evaluating their performance
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of experience in classroom and/or lab instructional settings; or Master’s degree and one (1) year of experience in classroom and/or lab instructional settings
All applications must be submitted online.