Project management unit associate, GHSC-TA
Chemonics seeks a Project management unit associate to support the Global Health Supply Chain – Technical Assistance Program, Francophone Task Order. The GHSC-TA IDIQ serves the health supply chain technical assistance needs of USAID, other USG agencies, partner country governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and other entities across all health elements (e.g. malaria, family planning, HIV/AIDS, TB, maternal and child health, etc.) and represents a mechanism through which USAID offers global health supply chain technical assistance in:
- Strengthening Country Supply Systems, and
- Strategic Collaboration to Improve the Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
The GHSC-TA Francophone TO provides technical assistance for strengthening regional, national and sub-national health supply systems in the DRC, Senegal, Benin, Haiti and supports the USAID/West Africa (USAID/WA) Regional Mission in Accra, Ghana. As well, the TO is developing a framework to improve preparedness to provide commodities needed to manage disease outbreaks with pandemic potential in a GHSA country, Cameroon.
Successful candidates will assist in monitoring project finances and budgeting, backstopping local personnel, subcontract management, client relations, and organizing project files. Additionally, successful candidates will have demonstrated interest in taking on a variety of new business development roles; ability to build and maintain successful relationships with internal and external parties; and a positive attitude. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
- Liaise with and respond to questions from project offices regarding Chemonics and client policies and regulations
- Review project deliverables and reports for completeness and provide comments and technical input
- Draft financial deliverables and lead monthly reforecasting for project budget; draft monthly budget and staffing memos; participate in corporate budgeting process as requested, and present budget to project leadership as requested.
- Liaise directly with the grants, procurement, core compliance, and other relevant support departments to ensure project compliance with rules, regulations, and corporate policy
- Draft and complete project approval requests (e.g. change of key personnel, prime contract modifications, grant modifications, and no-cost extensions, etc.), subcontractor and grantee obligation and administrative modifications, procurement action requests, and delegations of authority for home and field office employees, and submit for approval
- Participate and serve as mentor on proposal teams in specific line roles including, but not limited to, past performance reviews, corporate capabilities, resume formatting, expatriate and local recruitment, coordinator, section writer, cost volume, and manage communications and agreements with potential and selected subcontractors
- Draft and analyze subcontractor invoices and backup documentation. Draft subcontracts and subcontractor modifications; liaise closely with subcontractors on administrative and invoicing tasks and contractual management issues
- Complete data entry of monthly project invoicing, subcontractor and consultant information, expense reports, and other types of data as requested
- Provide travel support for employees and consultants by gathering relevant travel information, reserving tickets, and seeking necessary travel authorizations and approvals. Liaise with traveler to collect expense reports and required backup documentation. Provide initial review of expense
- reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Schedule and lead meetings as appropriate, prepare meeting agendas, capture and share notes, and track project communications
- Serve as acting PMU manager as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years of relevant administrative or professional work experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management with minimum oversight
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks per year
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English and French required
Please apply through our Career Center by Friday June 14th 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.