1275 Oral History Aide - History Center
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Minnesota History Center, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St Paul, MN 55102-1906
SALARY: $15.46 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Part-time, regular (1,044 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in State Employee Group Insurance Program & Retirement program with employer contribution.
CLASSIFICATION: 59L Clerical
HIRING MANAGER: Director, Library & Archives
POSTING DATE: May 30, 2019
DEADLINE DATE: June 13, 2019
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants to provide assistance for projects run out of the Oral History office.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) create final transcripts for publication; 2) prepare recording equipment for interviewer use and manages sound files from all completed interviews; 3) contact interviewers and transcribers as necessary to ensure timely production of transcripts; 4) inventory, organize and file correspondence and other documents relating to oral history interviews and projects; maintains oral history office files; 5) prepare interview description forms and interview files for cataloging; 6) handle user requests for access to interviews; and 7) enter data on completed interviews into Collections Management System.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Two years experience working with electronic documents.
● Strong computer skills working with and editing audio files and word documents.
● Experience scanning photographs, manipulating the scanned images for publication, and assembling PDF files.
● Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
● Demonstrated ability and flexibility in handling more than one task at a time to maintain a smooth workflow.
● Basic library research skills.
● Familiarity with oral history.
● Ability to use a keyboard and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
● Proven typing proficiency with competent speed to meet deadlines.
● Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to establish positive relations with other staff and organizations.
● Experience with library and/or museum cataloging.
● Knowledge of the Minnesota Historical Society.
● Experience working with diverse community groups.
● Proficiency with sound and/or video editing software.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181.