Sales Development Representative
Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
We are looking for high-energy, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our New York City and San Francisco teams as a Sales Development Representative. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance in our organization by demonstrating their ability to be tenacious self-starters every day. Top performers will have the opportunity to prove themselves and accelerate their career from the ground level.
About the role:
- Conduct outbound calls daily in order to prospect, educate, thoroughly qualify, and develop target accounts
- Responsible for building sales pipeline by meeting and exceeding lead generation quotas
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships with important stakeholders
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory (through emailing, strategic calling, social selling, etc.)
- Immaculate salesforce.com hygiene to ensure efficient lead management and record-keeping to create and maintain data integrity
- Provide feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
- Partner closely with account executives to build and iterate on strategies
- Consistently meet and drive to exceed month-to-month quotas and metrics
- Evangelize Mixpanel and mobile analytics
We're looking for someone who:
- 1-3 years of full-time corporate sales development experience or equivalent (Software sales is a plus)
- Outbound prospecting experience needed
Bonus points if you:
- Inside sales experience a plus
- Enterprise prospecting experience a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
- Good time-management with strong organizational skills
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using Marketo, Outreach or other marketing automation tools
- Has a 4-year degree
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.