Digital Communication Technology Teacher
The Digital Communication Technology teacher will plan and implement lessons within a progressive and sequential curriculum that introduces students to the skills and technical requirements of the large field of graphic design and production. The teacher is charged with building a robust program that prepares students for entry level positions in the area of Graphic Design and Video Production, as well as preparation for post-secondary study. Furthermore, whenever possible, the teacher will integrate core content skills and standards into their lessons to demonstrate lifetime connections to the core academic content. Candidates with industry experience are preferred.
- Responsibilities and DutiesPlan and implement lessons that support the appropriate sequential level (novice, intermediate and advanced) of students assigned to the courses.
- Integrate the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) into the Graphic Design and Production curriculum.
- Maintain customary educational records for lessons and students including: lesson plans, meeting minutes, student attendance, and student grades.
- Provide clear and specific communication with stakeholders, including: students, parents, colleagues, school and district administrators, outside businesses, etc.
- Follow all school and district policies, procedures and expected teaching practices.
- Support and encourage student participation in the Technology Student Association (TSA) at the district, State, regional, and National levels.
- Collaborate with colleagues in both similar and different curricular areas on projects that demonstrate and support critical integration of academics content areas and the technical/career content areas.
- Support and implement Twenty-First Century Skills throughout the Graphic Design and Production curriculum.
- Attend Professional Development as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison and advocate for your program with different constituent groups. This includes participation on the Appoquinimink Career and Technical Education (CTE) Advisory Committee, the Appoquinimink Perkins Committee, the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE), and local institutes of higher education (IHE).
- Other duties as assigned by the school administration and aligned with the district strategic plan and/or negotiated teacher agreement.
- Must be eligible for State of Delaware Certification as a Technology, Business, Marketing Teacher, or a STS certification (See Delaware Reg 1559).
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of best practices in the field of Graphic Arts, Graphic Design & Production, Advertising, Web Design, and Video Production
- Criminal background check, Tuberculin testing, and health verification.
- Knowledge of both MAC and Windows/PC operating system platforms used in the field.
- Industry experience preferred
- Ability to establish and manage a school based enterprise.
To apply: www.apposchooldistrict.com