Cash Management Associate
Chemonics seeks a Cash Management Associate for the Finance and Accounting Division.The Cash Management Associate will provide support of the daily function of processing payments and assist with month-end reconciliation of all bank accounts. The associate also supports audits by gathering documentation for audit requests. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Input payments and other transactions into cash manager, accounts receivable, general ledger, and accounts payable modules within accounting system; obtains documentation and approval for all transactions processed
- Perform reconciliation of bank accounts, accounts receivable, credit lines, grants accounts, and petty cash.
- Review and log transactions requiring payments; processes payments via check, ACH, and wire transfer.
- Assist in responding appropriately and quickly to requests-for-payment confirmation from internal and external clients.
- Research and recommend solutions to resolve any discrepancies with payments and banking information as appropriate; analyzes, investigates, and corrects accounting entries.
- Provide financial reporting of accounts receivable that are overdue as requested.
- Assist in development and improvement of departmental materials and processes, including strategic plans, training materials, and systems.
- Prepare documents and other resources for meetings with internal and external parties.
- Maintain and expands technical knowledge in finance, accounting, and administration by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, and participating in Chemonics practice networks.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- One year accounting, bookkeeping, administrative, and/or technically relevant work experience required
- Experience working with accounting software required; experience working with Microsoft Dynamics and/or Solomon preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Language proficiency for assigned geographic area preferred
- Previous experience working in international development and/or living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks per year