Internship - Construction or Civil Engineering
Come spend your summer with us!
We are seeking two summer interns in our highway maintenance and operations section. In this role, you will assess and inventory guardrail and help prioritize projects. You will inspect a variety of construction projects such as culvert repairs, asphalt paving and bridge preservation. Come join our nationally-recognized agency to gain valuable experience and provide us with fresh ideas.
A day in the life:
- Evaluate and inventory guardrail.
- Prioritize projects to upgrade substandard materials.
- Help produce contracts for the upgrading and replacement of guardrail.
- Inspect construction projects that relate to the maintenance and operations of our state highway system.
- May be exposed to traffic and/or construction hazards.
What you will learn:
- You will learn engineering standards and how to apply them to highway features.
- You will learn how to take a project from the design phase to the contract bidding phase.
- You will learn how to inspect highway construction projects.
- You will learn how to prioritize programs that maintain highway features.
What we need:
- A current college student who has completed as least their sophomore year who is studying civil engineering, construction management or a related field. Those who have graduated within the past two years are also invited to apply.
- Driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
- Education and/or experience that relate to this position.
- Good written communication skills.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
How to apply: