Internship - Spanish Public Relations - Fall 2019
Disney Destinations is comprised of five renowned resort locations around the world including Disneyland® Resort in California and Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, and also encompasses the world-class Disney Cruise Line®, eight Disney Vacation Club® resorts and Adventures by Disney® (immersive Disney-guided travel around the world). This position is part of the Walt Disney World Content Relations PR team which is tasked with driving Disney messages through a broad range of domestic and international consumer and trade media including digital and social media.
Please note strong candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a writing sample. Instructions will be provided at that time.
A Day in the Life
Put your relationship skills to work by helping to support the international PR team’s efforts in Latin America, and supporting the needs of other markets, including Canada, United Kingdom, Japan and China - amongst others - as directed.
Utilize your partnering skills to help assist the PR Managers with:
- Managing relationships and servicing on-property visits with consumer and trade media
- Coordinating celebrity and character photos with Disney Photography
- Participating in media FAMs and global media events
- Writing, translating and editing press releases and photo captions
- Creating and maintaining media-coverage summary reports:
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Strong research skills and an understanding of how news media works in Latin America
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish
- Proficiency with Associated Press (AP) writing style
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member or within the amusement industry
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or a related major
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continuous employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.