IT Analyst, Business Solutions--req2770
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world's largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT support for IFC's Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company. A robust engagement model with business ensures prioritization of the business requirements & focus on delivery. The application landscape encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, etc.,) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
The Solutions and Data unit in Corporate Information Technology (CIT) department is seeking a strong hands-on solutions developer with a combination of:
i) Deep technical understanding of developing enterprise solutions,
ii) Working with different teams within the department and vendors to solution development and delivery, and
iii) Highly motivated and skillful individual with technical knowledge on the cloud, mobile and disruptive technologies.
You will collaborate with the Manager of CITSD.
Good technical understanding of developing enterprise solutions:
- Hands-on development of enterprise applications using agile and DevSecOps methodologies to support IFC’s Front office, Middle office and Back office applications.
- Implement enterprise grade solutions using .Net, Java, Mule ESB, Apigee, O365, Pega, REST API's and AWS/Azure cloud services.
- Work closely with the performance engineering and application implementation teams to contribute, build and implement high performing applications in IFC field offices which have low bandwidth and high latency.
- Work on building business solutions in microservice and cloud native architecture pattern.
- Minimize gaps, redundancies, rework, and duplication of efforts by working closely with the various application teams.
- Participates in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
- Works with business analysts, project managers, and/or clients to clarify requirements and writes system documentation.
- Performs root cause and impact analysis of the issues and propose and validate fixes to address them.
- Participates in systems integration efforts, executing as needed to integrate new applications into the installed base.
- Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Tests own work, leads peer reviews, contributes to the development of test plans and participates in post-implementation reviews.
- Participates in user training as appropriate, on new or revised systems/applications.
- Establishes systems to monitor the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) dedicated maintenance.
- Design solutions to demonstrate Service Oriented Architecture in a practical and pragmatic fashion.
- Handles daily technical challenges, prioritizes work and communicates to manager any risks or issues.
- Builds secure and robust systems that adhere to the enterprise security standards.
- Participate in knowledge transfer to ensure better grasp of different products and domain.
Working with multiple teams and vendors for solution development and delivery:
- Work with implementation staff across CIT, WBG shared services and vendor partners to build, implement and deliver complex enterprise programs.
- Works closely with the functional leads to contribute and define the strategy to target different audiences in providing user centric solutions focused on improving IFC operational staff productivity.
- Assist manager and other solution leads in transitioning IFC applications to bring to bear the benefits of the cloud.
- Work with vendor partners to provide state-of-the-practice services as per industry standards in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining systems in a responsive and cost-effective manner.
- Contributes subject matter area and serves as a technical resource to other specialists in their field.
- Interacts with the Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Platform teams to ensure that solutions are built in alignment with the defined enterprise standards.
- Works with other leads to successfully deliver an integrated work program.
- Works in an integrated fashion in a matrix environment.
Highly motivated and versatile individual with technical knowledge on cloud, mobile and disruptive technologies:
- Learning Orientation - Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area, the broader industry, and experiments with new approaches or emerging technological solutions to current business needs.
- Provides hands-on support for the mobile enablement of IFC’s application landscape using native platforms like Xamarin and React Native.
- Design applications leveraging cloud native services on AWS and Azure to accelerate deployments and reduce maintenance costs due to handled service components by the cloud providers.
- Have an understanding various cloud developmental approaches especially on AWS and Azure and is willing to learn as new services are introduced in them.
- Implements algorithms that use machine learning techniques.
- Contribute to comparing/contrasting the enterprise blockchain frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in both Enterprise Java and .NET worlds from a solution development perspective, involving COTS and bespoke development.
- Hands-on development experience in ReactJS, JQuery, Angular, .NET, Mule ESB, Pega, Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, Alliance/SWIFT, O365, Apigee, AWS and Azure, PEGA and MuleSoft.
- Hands-on experience with container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Strong experience in working with distributed vendor teams and the associated challenges.
- Has worked with DevSecOps platforms for continuous integration and secure continuous delivery
- Development experience for small-medium complex Portals, BPM and Integration, transformation programs delivered in a multi-vendor scenario.
- As required, develop proofs-of-concept (POC) to evaluate new technologies, to validate vendor proposals.
- Knowledge and experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks, Solution Design, modeling, design and implementation.
- Deep understanding of leveraging tools like AppDynamics and Splunk to diagnose and build robust performant applications.
- Experience in emerging technology industry trends, including user research, design, agile, cloud solutions, process automation, big data, DevOps.
- Deliver Results for Clients - Proactively addresses clients’ stated and unstated needs.
- Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries - Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
- Create Apply and Share Knowledge - Applies knowledge across IFC to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients.
- Make Smart Decisions - Interprets a wide range of information and pushes to move forward.
- Proficient in Architecture Constructs - (Architecture & Design patterns, SOA etc.), Development Methodologies (Agile, Iterative etc.)
- Knowledge of databases, best practices in Information & Solution Architecture and applying them to solve problems
- Experience in using Jira or similar tools for requirements, development and test tracking
- Excellent communications and writing skills for functional and technical documents.
- Good to have Financial Services experience. Prior knowledge of IFC's processes and systems is desirable.
- Risk Management - Identifies potential risks and develops preventive plans for procedural activities.
WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Lead and Innovate; Deliver Results for Clients; Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries; Create, Apply and Share Knowledge; and Make Smart Decisions.
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.