Avionics/Software Test Engineer (Entry-Level) - AER0001PM
The successful Avionics/Software Test Engineer will assist in planning, developing, conducting, and reporting Hardware in the Loop tests utilizing the Integrated Avionics Test Facility (IATF) at Marshall Space Flight Center, in Huntsville, AL. The facility is comprised of the Systems Integration Lab (SIL) as well as the Software Integration Test Facilities (SITF). This exciting work is being performed to verify the integrated avionics system for the new NASA Space Launch System (SLS), destined to become the largest space launch vehicle in history.
You can be a part of that history by:
· Developing and executing simulation-based tests on SLS avionics hardware and software in the SIL
· Collecting and analyzing avionics systems data in order to evaluate the effect of variable inputs on complete avionics systems and individual components
· Collaborating with test program teammates and utilizing fundamental engineering knowledge and theories to develop and refine specific test procedures and methods for SLS avionics systems and supporting ground hardware testing
· Providing engineering/scientific support to augment a team of Government and contractor engineers
· Problem solving and troubleshooting using your knowledge of software, and systems engineering
· Tracking and reporting progress in testing, and the timely completion of project critical milestones
· Working with a team of senior software and systems test engineers to develop your skills
· Leveraging your unique talents to expand upon the capabilities of this diverse team
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To discover more about:
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM field is required. Typically, educational requirement is a BS. from an accredited university.
- Basic understanding of systems engineering and software coding/programming
- An understanding of command and data handling functionality
- Ability to assimilate test requirements to develop test methodology and test approaches for requirement verification, including definition of needed test resources
- Ability to develop and use data reduction and manipulation tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to perform occasional shift and weekend work
- Experience with aerospace system design requirements and data analysis for projects relating to electronics systems and instrumentation for aerospace vehicles and ground support hardware
- Experience assisting in studies and simulations of space vehicles, flight payloads, collection and analysis of flight data for validation and verification of testing
- Experience troubleshooting advanced avionics and flight systems
- Understanding of verification and validation activities as they relate to system level testing
- Ability to develop simple test scripts in Python and/or C
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-1553B, RS422 and Ethernet bus protocols and formats
- Experience with testing/test methodology and performing verification and validation activities at system level
- Troubleshooting experience and/or experience with understanding a system of systems and how numerous components in a system are interdependent
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.