Engineer 1, 2,3 or Sr
This position reports to the Lafayette LA office. May be hired as a Engineer 1, Engineer 2, Engineer 3 or a Sr Engineer depending on experience/qualifications. Apply by April 17, 2019.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Due to complexity of work works under close supervision in tandem with higher level engineers to perform technical assignments involving but not limited to the following:
a. Construction of new and maintenance of existing pipeline systems including selection of materials development of procedures compliance with applicable codes and inspection of work in progress;
b. Evaluation of leakage survey effectiveness;
c. Assisting in the design monitoring and analysis of pipeline system including regulation measurement curtailment and loss or gain of natural gas;
d. Compliance with Federal state and local rules and regulations;
e. Design of system mains regulator and meter settings and corrosion control protection.
2. Conducts field investigations involving public contact for acquiring right of way permits and route evaluation for gas main and other work.
3. Assists in the coordination of activities between Engineering and Operations to ensure the timely completion of projects.
4. Provides specialized reports and studies as directed.
5. Work typically involves process checks or review of output by a co-worker or supervisor. These checks become less frequent as incumbent gains working knowledge skills and abilities and gains experience.