Network Administrator / Information Technology Manager
- Supervise office operations, supervisors, and clerks responsible for supporting various automation activities.
- As needed train or supervise others to train, office employees on software, hardware and automation operations.
- Manage automation functions in the office; the first line-of-contact for all hardware, software, and telecommunication problems in the office, troubleshooting duties, and evaluating, analyzing, and coordinating automation operations to efficiently support office functions with available equipment. Conduct on-site LAN/WAN hardware diagnostics for infrastructure cabling and hardware such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, iPads, personal computers (PCS), Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telecommunications systems and printers.
- Responsible for the paper and automated tracking of property management to include: ensuring necessary forms are accurately filled out; property management systems are updated, and regular audits are performed and secured devices are stored.
- Schedule and coordinate data entry operations for optimal use of workstations and print devices. Manage the property control system for Office Computing Equipment (OCE), Mobile Commuting Equipment (MCE) and peripherals. Coordinate printing activities and ensure that printers are prepared to handle large jobs, long-running print jobs without jams, breakdowns, and toner shortages.
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25% overnight travel
Supervisory status Promotion Potential
How to Apply:
TO BE CONSIDERED for the position YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE!! Click link or copy & paste the URL link below into a new browser:
To insure that qualifications are met, it is important that all experiences related to this job are reflected on your resume.
Your complete application, including required documents, must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. To apply online you must complete and submit an application by accessing the USAJOBS website. To begin click the "Apply" button and follow the prompts to register into your USAJOBS account, answer the questions, and submit all required documents. After registering in your USAJOBS account and clicking "Submit," you will automatically transition to the Department of Commerce's specific site where you will complete your application. You must click "Submit" at the end of the application process to send your application for consideration. To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account and click on "Applications." Click on the position title and then select "Update Application."
You will be notified of your application status through USAJOBS at four points during the hiring process, as applicable. You can check the status of your application by accessing the USAJOBS website and clicking on "Applications." The status will be visible next to the corresponding positions.
The four points of notification are:
* Application Received or Application Incomplete
* Minimum Qualification Requirement Met or Minimum Qualification Requirement Not Met
* Referred or Not Referred
* Selected or Not Selected
By submitting your application, you are certifying the accuracy of the information contained in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be terminated after you begin work or you may be fined or jailed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation. You will be required to submit official documentation prior to appointment. The agency will then verify the information provided on your application (i.e., degree, veterans' preference, disability, etc.).