Civil Engineering Intern - Announcement Number FHWA.CFL-2019-0026
This is a Pathways Student Trainee position under the Pathways Internship Program. The position is headquartered in a FHWA Central Federal Lands Highway Division (CFLHD) office.
The Student Trainee (Civil Engineering) will serve as an inspector on one of many road and trail construction projects that are within our 14-state region. Many of our projects are located in National Parks, National Forest, Wildlife Refuges - some of the most beautiful places on earth!
As an intern, you would be:
- Inspecting and testing assignments on construction projects.
- Field sampling and testing of construction materials.
- Participate in partnering meetings.
- Serve as an instrument operator or rodman on construction survey of projects or monitors contractor stakeout, including staking of centerline, slope staking, drainage staking, structural staking, and setting of grade stakes.
- Compute and balance quantities.
You would be trained by one of our on-site Construction Project Engineers, and coached by one of our Construction Operations Engineers.
This is a great opportunity to gain civil engineering and construction management experience!