French-bilingual Camp Counselor
French-bilingual Counselors Wanted for Summer Day Camp
Job: Summer Day Camp Counselor
Location: Brooklyn and Manhattan
Dates: July 1 through August 30, 2019 + several training sessions in June
Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Are you looking for a great and meaningful way to spend the summer?
Make a positive impact on the lives of children this summer! This is a fun and rewarding job for any individual who enjoys being around children and helping guide their social development. Counselors work with small groups of children ages 3.5 to 11. Counselors lead and assist groups at fun athletic and creative arts activities throughout the day, including swimming. Strong communication skills, energy, patience and stamina are all critical for success in this highly rewarding position. Experience working with children in a group setting is a plus. College students and graduate students preferred! Camp runs Mon thru Fri from 8:00am to 6:00pm.
Our Philosophy :
- The camp environment is relaxed, stimulating, fun and nurturing; our staff must have that perspective and vision.
- All staff must be dedicated to making every day a memorable experience for campers. Being able to have fun oneself is greatly encouraged, as it enhances the young campers’ experience.
- Our staff must be comfortable with on-going peer collaboration.
- All camp activities are conducted in French and our priority is to find Counselors comfortable with French . The use of English is kept to a minimum.
- Activities for campers include water games, swimming, arts & crafts, field trips, sports, drama and group games.
- Each week is built around a different theme; staff is expected to plan all activities around that theme. Our staff is not employed in the role of babysitter for campers. Staff must actively participate in the planning and performing of all activities. Creativity is certainly welcome!!!!
- Applicants must be fluent in French and at least 17 years old as of July 1, 2019.
- Must have previous, positive experience working with children, ages 3 -11.
- Candidates should be personable, energetic (must participate in all camp physical activities), responsible, team-oriented and creative.
- Candidates must have a skill in one or more of the following areas: dance, sports, theater, singing
- Must be willing to work the shared Extended Hours Program, 8:00 - 6:00 PM
- Strong swimmers a plus
All counselors must attend training sessions/orientation (5 days) conducted in May & June and additional training during camp on weekends.
Application Process :
- Please click on the “Apply Now” section of our website, create an account and fill out an application.
- We will contact you to set up an interview.
Selection Process :
Interviews will be conducted starting in February. Competitive salary.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.