Safety Culture Advisor
Safety Culture Advisor - JFS Program Advisor (1838-12)
Deadline to Apply: March 18, 2019
Job & Family Services
222 E. Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Work Hours: Full Time – 80 hours biweekly
Starting Salary: $58,052.00
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: "Offenses that May Disqualify Candidates for Employment." Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
Master's degree in Social Work or related field
plus two (2) years of related direct service and/or administrative experience including one (1) year of children's services
or Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field
plus four (4) years of related direct service and/or administrative experience including one (1) year of children's services
management experience or one (1) year experience as a Quality Review Coordinator.
Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field
plus four (4) years of related direct service and/or administrative experience including one (1) year of human services management experience
Job Duties (Summary):
- Under direction of Safety Culture Administrator, the Safety Culture Advisor will support the agency’s Safety Model. Reviews, analyzes, and provides feedback of existing Children’s Services operations to maintain and improve safety decision making, efficiency, and casework quality and recommends necessary improvements; Develops tools to enrich knowledge of Safety Model practical application; Builds and maintains professional, collaborative working relationships with Children's Services staff.; Monitors and evaluates compliance with Safety Model, Children’s Services practice standards and federal, state and local laws and department policies and procedures; Prepares written reports summarizing findings and recommendations; Plans, organizes, and implements methodologies for analysis; Consults with staff and supervisors to develop Safety Decision Making skill and expertise with real-time case application and feedback.
- Provides direct training and consultation to Section Chiefs, Supervisors and caseworkers to increase organizational knowledge of Safety Model and critical case practices; Designs, develops, and evaluates seminars and conferences, case application tools, and training to support program development in safety decision making; Serves as a technical and training resource for Children’s Services staff; Coaches, monitors, provides work direction, and reviews performance of staff following delivery of new material.
- Provides case specific training, coaching and consultation to Safety Culture Coordinators in their Safety Reviews consisting of identified high risk Children’s Services cases; Conducts and manages impartial case review of identified high risk Children’s Services cases and fatality reviews independently; Analyzes casework practice, identifies trends and provides documented findings; Makes recommendations for systemic solutions to identified deficits in casework and Safety Model implementation Provides comprehensive reviews of historical information, complexities, patterns of maltreatment, escalating behaviors and negative family conditions using subject matter expertise (in HCJFS Safety model) with Children Services managers and staff, etc. Identifies barriers for completion of follow up and takes an active role to minimize those barriers; Ensures follow up is completed with timeliness and sufficiency with specific urgency when applicable around child safety.
- In collaboration with other supporting sections, assists in development/implementation of new systems, procedures, programs to improve agency casework practice, safety decision making, effectiveness, morale, and/or quality of service through alignment with and support of the Safety Model.
- Attends meetings and conferences; attends training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.