Integrated Measurement & Command System Data Analysis Support Intern - AER0001M0
Our Intern position will support a NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) Engineering or Science Directorate.
- Work within a highly integrated team of senior engineers or scientists.
- Be introduced to the processes and then help to provide coordination and integration support related to these tasks.
- As candidate becomes more familiar with the tasks and key players, (s)he can take on additional responsibilities.
The Avionics Systems Integration Team in in need for a summer intern to support the Integrated Measurement and Command System (IMACS) activity. This activity manages all of the telemetry and command parameters for the Space Launch System (SLS) flight vehicle. This system is critical for the success of the SLS and the associated ground and Orion systems.
The successful candidate will help develop documentation used to manage the IMACS databases and interfaces, gain customer concurrence for required changes and inform stakeholders of IMACS changes and releases impacting SLS, ground and Orion systems. The successful candidate will directly support the IMACS Level II Subtask Lead.
The following are the activities that will support this subtask:
- Support development of Change Packages for the IMACS Database for approval by the customers Joint Integration Control Board for the SLS, launch site ground systems and the Orion
- Support review of Preliminary Interface Revision Notices to the Stages to Internal Elements ICDPerform analysis between changes to two databases with the ability to understand root-cause of any issues identified
- Support submission, tracking, disposition, resolution and implementation of Problem Reports
- Enter data into the Problem Report Tracking Systems
- Support coordination with stakeholders, end users and data providers, for the implementation of updates to the IMACS Database
- Support updates to standards (i.e. CTRMES SLS-STD-172) and perform documentation updates
- Support IMACS meetings where decisions are made and tracked relative to the IMACS activities
- Support the IMACS Level II Subtask Lead in developing material for presentation to SLS, Ground Systems and Orion Project Management.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To discover more about:
The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Undergraduate student currently enrolled in science, technical, engineering, math or related degree program leading to a BS degree at an ABET accredited institution.
Perform data entry and analysis using custom user interfaces developed for IMACS.
Should be familiar with the following:
- MS Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Presentation Skills (Building Reports and Presentations, Presenting to Stakeholders)
- SQL Database expertise (desired)
- XML expertise
An end of summer presentation is required to the JS12 Team Lead and Subtask Leads.
The candidate must;
- Have strong customer relations skills
- Have the ability to multi-task and transition between quick turnaround assignments
- Show initiative and be proactive to make connections and build relationships with key players on the tasks
- Demonstrate the capability to plan and perform analyses independently and as a team
- Demonstrate strong technical writing and presentation skills in order to present data to study customers
- Have completed sophomore year of university studies
- Must be in good academic standing
- Maintain an overall average of 3.0
- Have demonstrated a very strong aptitude in major field
- Must be able to provide own transportation
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To review and edit your personal information, visit www.Jacobs.com.
· United States
· Craft/Trade Jobs
· Search Jobs
Search Career Opportunities by:
· What: JSEG
· Where: Huntsville, AL
· Review Career Opportunities
· Apply to Positions
To Save Search:
· Sign in/ Create Account
· Save this Search (save up to 5 searches)
· Name the Search
To Set Up Alerts:
· Select My Jobpage
· My Account Options