Public Information Specialist
Must apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/2348304/public-information-specialist
The SCDOR Communications & Strategic Solutions Division works with the media and each SCDOR division to provide timely, relevant, and accurate information to employees and taxpayers. We develop and implement strong, consistent brand messages to enhance taxpayer service and increase public awareness.
- Engage in media relations activities including writing press releases, building media lists, compiling press kits, and identifying potential storytelling opportunities.
- Help develop and manage SCDOR's public information plan and timeline, including creation and implementation of strategic public information campaigns and projects.
- Monitor/track media activity for project documentation, producing coverage and project summary reports.
- Prepare and distribute daily news clips and maintain organized, up-to-date news database.
- Maintain up-to-date media contact and distribution lists.
Content Development and Review:
- Research key issues to support media and public information efforts, developing internal and external summaries and talking points.
- Prepare, proof, and edit various informational materials for internal and external audiences and channels.
- Photograph subjects and arrange for photographs for use in informational materials.
- Receive, process, and track all Division project and support requests.
- Update and maintain Division records and inventories, including project workflow, policies and procedures, and performance metrics.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A bachelor's degree in a related field. Academic degrees must be from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, mass media, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Media relations experience.
- The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, problem-solver with strong project management skills, able to produce high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- SCDOR employees are required to comply with all SCDOR tax requirements and are subject to a National Criminal Background Check to include fingerprinting.
- It is the policy of the SCDOR to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation.