Accounting Internship with Sequent Energy in Houston
I am Robert Dunlap, and I'm the Assistant Regional Program Director, South Central Region of INROADS, Inc and client manager for Sequent Energy. If interested then follow the instructions below.
I want to share a great internship opportunity but you will need to move fast as the company wants to interview next week. http://www.sequentenergy.com/
I have spoken to the leadership of Sequent Energy in Houston. The job description is below.
Correspond with internal/external customers to ensure the data in the gas trading system is accurate, as well as billing and payments are settled properly on a monthly basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Actualize and balance assigned pipelines.
· Reconcile transportation books.
· Reconcile and analyze transportation demand and commodity costs
·Research, initiate, and coordinate timely billings of gas and transportation sales and payments; resolve pricing and volume discrepancies.
·Reconcile general ledger, accounts receivable, payable, and net-outs; researches prior period adjustments.
·Assist with monthly closings.
·Settle monthly physical gas purchases and sales.
·Analyze data; prepare schedules and accounting reconciliation as requested by Trading & Marketing, Risk Control, Credit, and Accounting.
·Communicate with internal (e.g., Asset Management, Scheduling, Trading, AGLR Accounting) and external (e.g. Counterparties) groups to provide and clarify information, resolve problem areas, and answer questions.
·Help with scanning and filing at month end.
Education and Experience:
· Excellent communications and customer service skills
· Good communication skills (verbally and written)
· Look the part with the need to fit into a corporate environment
· Ability to take initiative
· Completed more than introductory Accounting courses (Intermediate and Managerial)
· GPA minimum of 3.0 and someone with some prior accounting experience with undergraduate dates ranging from December 2019 - December 2021
· This candidate MUST be able to work 20-30 hours during the school year due to the large learning curve of training during the summer months
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
§ Dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
§ Ability to work 30 hours/week (or higher)
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
I will need to see the candidates resume in our required resume format (See attached).
Assistant Programs Regional Director