Nebraska Appleseed is seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented individual to coordinate fundraising from individuals and events. The position is responsible for daily recording of contributions and updating contributors’ records in the supporter database, producing timely communications such as thank you letters and receipts, and writing appeals for support. The individual will prioritize understanding supporters’ motivations to give and participate in Appleseed’s efforts. The individual will also plan and coordinate events including house party fundraisers, supporter briefings and appreciation gatherings, and the annual Good Apple Awards. The Development Associate will report to the Director of Development & Engagement.
- Daily entry of supporters’ contributions, and maintaining accurate information in Appleseed’s supporter database (CiviCRM) for individuals, organizations, and event contributors including donation history, contact information, acknowledgements, and communication preferences.
- Write and send timely, accurate thank you letters and receipts to contributors within two days of receiving the contribution.
- Write and create fundraising materials, including online and letter appeals, project proposals and brochures, and other materials as needed.
- Plan and coordinate supporter events such as house parties, receptions, and advocacy gatherings, including managing logistics, RSVP lists, vendors, assisting in securing sponsorships, and other event duties.
- Plan and manage all logistics and solicitations for Appleseed’s annual fundraising event, the Good Apple Awards (300+ attendees).
- Build and strengthen relationships with Appleseed supporters, implement programs to retain annual contributors and understand their motivations for giving, and connect supporters with ways to take action on Appleseed campaigns.
- High attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are required.
- Meticulous organizational skills with an ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple projects and tasks efficiently while adhering to competing deadlines.
- Enjoys working with databases, and identifying trends in contact records, activities, and networks of individuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a range of personalities and skill levels to produce high quality results.
- Background or prior experience in fundraising and working with nonprofit advocacy organizations is a plus, but is not a requirement.
- Strong computer skills, including use of Google Docs, email, and calendar, Microsoft Word, and Excel. Familiarity with fundraising software is a plus.
- Supportive of Appleseed’s mission.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.