HIM Manager - Full-time
Corpus Christi Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a Full Time Health Information Management - HIM - Manager to join our team!
The HIM Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing and staffing of the health information department. Coordinates administrative and operational activities in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, regulatory and legal requirements. Integrates the hospital’s mission and “Guiding Principles” into daily practice.
- Two years medical records experience and two years of medical coding experience required.
- RHIA or RHIT certification preferred.
- CCS preferred as additional credential.
- Experience in a management role preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding of treatment costs and financial support as they relate to quality and efficiency.
- Knowledge of Medicare’s PPS guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrates general computer skills including: data entry, word processing, email, and record management.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership skills in delegating, organizing, and educating coworkers and staff.
- Ability to utilize concepts of age/developmental stages in interactions with patients and families.
- Ability to maintain quality and safety standards.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others.