EDUCAUSE (http://www.educause.edu), a highly creative, entrepreneurial, national nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education through the use of information technology, is currently seeking a Corporate Researcher for our Analytics and Research team. This is a full-time, exempt position with the option to work remotely or from the Louisville, CO office.
The Corporate Researcher serves as the project lead and principal investigator in service of EDUCAUSE's growing portfolio of corporate-sponsored research projects. These projects include, but are not limited to, original survey research, qualitative research, and data analysis and reporting using existing EDUCAUSE data resources.
In this position, you will initiate and support EDUCAUSE corporate research projects that generate fresh insights into various topics of interest to the EDUCAUSE member and corporate communities - higher education IT technologies and services, teaching and learning, student success, information security, Enterprise IT, digital transformation, and other relevant higher education and technology-related topics.
The Corporate Researcher plays an important role in building key relationships with corporate partners, designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative research efforts, and developing reports, data summaries, and other research project deliverables.
Corporate Research Projects
- Lead and support various aspects of corporate research projects, including project prioritization, scoping, and negotiation, project design and management, data collection, analysis, reporting, visuals and publication (with input and assistance as warranted from technical experts).
- Conduct custom data analyses for corporate partners using existing EDUCAUSE data resources, including the Core Data Service (CDS), faculty and student technology use data (ETRAC), and higher ed IT workforce data. Contribute to the content, structure, and format of reports and associated products of these analyses.
- Aid in the development of EDUCAUSE policies and guidelines for its corporate research and analysis engagements, including setting portfolio priorities, creating project scoping guides, informing existing corporate agreements, and setting income targets and project KPIs.
- Proactively collaborate with EDUCAUSE membership and corporate teams to identify opportunities for corporate partnerships and sponsorships for new, innovative research. Support need and opportunity assessments for new projects and funding sources.
Corporate Project Plans
- Lead and/or actively contribute to corporate partner meetings and project planning processes as needed, serving as a decision-making partner for corporate research engagements, and advocating for the value of EDUCAUSE data and research resources for EDUCAUSE corporate partners.
- Collaborate and coordinate corporate project plans with the EDUCAUSE analytics services and research teams to ensure the larger Analytics & Research (A&R) portfolio is aligned and that any potential conflicts or duplications in work may be identified and addressed. Participate in regular A&R team meetings and provide support with accessing and utilizing data and resource outputs from corporate projects (e.g., fielding data summary requests for a specific corporate project).
Education and Experience
Requires graduate degree in survey methodology, operations research, psychology, economics, education, sociology, computer or data science, business administration, or related field(s) of study OR a strong combination of education and experience.
A minimum of five years' experience in executing qualitative and quantitative research appropriate to EDUCAUSE's applied research needs.
Experience conducting research in a corporate/business environment, or conducting research with corporate/business partners, strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Advanced qualitative and quantitative research skills. Extensive experience with complex data sets including manipulating, merging, restructuring and analyzing large data sets.
Expertise in higher education, applied research, and/or one or more of the following IT domains: Administration and Management of IT; IT Support Services; Educational Technology Services; Research Computing Services; Data Centers; Communication Infrastructure Services; Enterprise Infrastructure and Services; Information Security; Identity Management; and Information Systems and Applications.
Strong project management skills in individual and group work situations, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple short-range and long-term projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
Ability to adapt to new and unexpected project opportunities, reprioritized commitments, and work with short notice and project timelines.
Ability to sustain collaborative relationships, forge partnerships, and build consensus with distributed colleagues as well as within a diverse community of corporate and higher education partners.
EDUCAUSE is a higher education technology association and the largest community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education.
EDUCAUSE supports those who lead, manage, deploy, and use information technology, helping them to anticipate and adapt to change, and advancing strategic IT decision making at every level within higher education. We bring together technology professionals and leaders across campus and the industry to solve today’s challenges.
EDUCAUSE is committed to “uncommon thinking for the common good.” Being part of EDUCAUSE means being part of a community that accomplishes more together than they ever could on their own.
Get to know EDUCAUSE: https://youtu.be/WZKnv8GlaQw
At EDUCAUSE, we recognize that the diverse backgrounds, talents, skills, and contributions of every individual improve and enhance the quality of the organization. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve.
Our benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, employer paid life and disability insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid personal time, ten paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and a retirement plan with generous employer matching.
EDUCAUSE requires successful completion of background checks for all potential employees.