Academic Technology Project Manager
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) team members are part of an exciting and dynamic work environment that builds on organizational principles such as family and personal life/work balance; an inclusive, respectful and supportive work environment; professional development opportunities; alignment with the campus's teaching, learning, and research mission; collaboration; and innovation. DoIT Academic Technology (AT) consists of over 90 dynamic professionals that design, develop and evaluate technology-enhanced learning experiences for today's learners. (https://at.doit.wisc.edu/)
The Project Manager will be tasked with spearheading and stewarding multiple high-profile higher education projects that are tied to the institution's strategic goals around improving teaching and learning. This position coordinates a number of diverse collaborative projects that involve AT staff, in partnership with multiple campus-wide teams, working on Student Digital Ecosystem projects at UW-Madison. Responsibilities include planning and implementing project activities such as gathering requirements, identifying and defining deliverables, maintaining the AT project portfolio and establishing timelines, priorities and milestones to ensure successful progression of the projects. Work is done in close coordination with AT, the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning, the Chief Information Officer, the DoIT Project Management group and campus leadership.
UW-Madison is building a next-generation student digital ecosystem to better support faculty, staff and students. The ecosystem will connect university-wide systems including student information, learning management and curriculum management systems, as well as digital assessment tools. The connection of systems will allow for interoperability and flexibility, improve information accessibility and consistency, and empower faculty, staff and students with new tools and capabilities to achieve success. (For more on the Student Digital Ecosystem, please go to: https://edinnovation.wisc.edu/student-digital-ecosystem/.)
* 1 year of demonstrated experience managing projects and leading teams of varying sizes and scope.
* 1 year of demonstrated experience utilizing project management tools, strategies and processes.
* Evidence of strong interpersonal communications skills.
* Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to adapt to and work with a shifting variety of priorities and assignments.
* Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service.
* At least 3 years full-time equivalent job-related experience working on projects and leading teams within the information and/or academic technology domain.
* Project management training and certification.
* IT project management training and certification.
* Experience with technology in the higher education space.
Enjoy a competitive salary, robust benefits: University Benefits Package, career growth opportunities and work/life balance in a great Campus Setting.
Application deadline is February 19, 2019.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.