Employee Payroll and Benefits Student Intern
Note: This position is a temporary, limited term assignment.
Want to make an impact? Learn skills in payroll and benefits while gaining experience at a well-respected government agency? Our expectations? Understand our vision and apply your intellect and classroom knowledge to make an impact in the lives of public school employees. Our Employee Payroll and Benefits department is a microcosm within a larger organization where we value outcomes and skill, where you can take your hard earned knowledge and make impacts across the enterprise. Do you want to gain direct experience at an organization that places a high-value on work-life balance and a family atmosphere? Join our fast paced team that's what you'll get plus a whole lot more! Our interns are paid a competitive salary, have access to the company gym, and parking downtown. Most of all, you'll be making a positive difference in the lives of over 1.5 million Texas public education employees. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven go-getter to show their initiative and grow professionally in a great team atmosphere!
Here at TRS, we don't just fill positions. We recruit the best and brightest, and we'd love to hear more about you!
This position will start at the end of May and will end in August, 2019.
Salary will be dependent upon education level:
Undergraduate (Junior or Senior) - $13.50/hour
Graduate or Law School Student - $17.00/hour
All applicants must submit a resume to be considered for the position. The interview process will consist of a video interview in addition to an in-person interview. If selected to move forward, applicants will receive written instructions for both steps via email.
- Currently enrolled in and actively attending an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student with a declared major in Accounting, Finance, Business, or other relevant program AND within 12 months of graduation; OR
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student (Master or Doctoral) in an Accounting, Finance, Business, or other relevant program.
- Applicants will be required to submit a copy of official college transcripts.
Registration, Certification, or Licensure:
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours, including coursework related to the specific program area of the internship assignment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software.