Serology Laboratory Technologist
The Serology Laboratory of the NC State Laboratory of Public Health is currently accepting applications for a Medical Laboratory Technologist II. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an advanced technologist that performs exceptionally sophisticated, complex laboratory procedures for the detection of various diseases, including HIV, rubella, and various hepatitis viruses.
THIS POSITION WILL:
- Serve as lead Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) technologist in the clinical serology laboratory
- Be responsible for the performance and direction of NAAT testing for HIV and Hepatitis
- Coordinate the laboratory testing of specimens, performing assays and for the data management of results
- Perform routine assays for HIV, rubella, and various other hepatitis viruses
- Provide leadership, training, and complex problem solving; acts as a resource to other medical personnel and program area staff
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in biology, microbiology, chemistry, clinical laboratory science, medical technology, or closely related field.
Work Location: 4312 District Drive Raleigh NC 27607
How to Apply: You must apply at the link provided. If you do not, you will not be considered for this position.
Questions? Call our Human Resources Office at 919-707-5450.