Interdisciplinary General Engineer\Physical Scientist (Recent Graduate)
All Applicants must apply through USAJobs.
A successful candidate will serve in an intermediate trainee developmental level with assignments consisting of specific, often unrelated, tasks that are selected to orient employees in the practical application of theory and basic principles.
This is a developmental position with promotion potential to GS-801-13. At the lower levels, the selectee will perform developmental assignments under closer supervision than that required at the full performance level of GS-13. Assignments become progressively more difficult until the next performance level is reached. At the full performance level of this position (GS-13), some of the duties include:
- Responsible for designing, managing and training others in the storage of nuclear waste to protect groundwater from contamination.
- Providing expert guidance and assistance to management in the accomplishment of mission requirements.
- Developing working relationships to support projects and resolve problems and difficulties as they relate to economic analysis of assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Facilitating the transfer of technology improvements in assigned areas of responsibility through direct contacts with industry representatives, speeches, public meetings, and attendance at industry forums.
If selected as a Physical Scientist, GS-1301-07, your salary range will be $41,365 - $53, 773
If selected as a General Engineer, GS-0801-07, you will qualify for a higher salary, $46,609 - $57,364 (based on Special Rate salary table number 0414). This special rate table will continue through the GS-9.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
- Resume and question responses MUST be submitted online.
- Subject to satisfactory security and suitability determinations.
This career developmental position will be filled at the GS-07 grade level. The employee may be non-competitively promoted when qualified and recommended by management; however, promotions are not guaranteed. The full performance level of this position is GS-13.
The Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs.
Successful applicants are placed in a one-year Excepted Service appointment and receive training and professional development, complete an Individual Development Plan (IDP), and are assigned a mentor. Under the formal training program, applicants will be provided a mentor and execute an Individual Development Plan outlining training requirements and program expectations. Participants who successfully complete the program may be converted to term or permanent positions.
Click here for more information on Pathways program: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/students/
- This position has been designated as a technical position subject to the requirements of the Department’s Technical Qualification Program (TQP). This position requires the incumbent to acquire and demonstrate technical competencies identified in a technical qualification standard and requires certification of the competencies by qualifying officials.
- Conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed.
- The duties of this position may require the incumbent serving in an on-call capacity or perform shift work.
- The incumbent may be required to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance.
- This position is included in a bargaining unit.
- This position is eligible for telework, however, approval is at the discretion of the supervisor.