Research Analyst (80-100% full time)
RESEARCH ANALYST (80-100% full time) – SHORELINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Shoreline Community College
16101 Greenwood Ave. N
Shoreline, WA 98133
Date of First Consideration: January 21st, 2019
Salary Range: $54,000 to $61,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY: please visit www.shoreline.edu/hr to see full job announcement and application steps. We accept only applications submitted through the HR website and are currently unable to accept resumes submitted through 3rd party platforms. For additional questions, please contact the HR office at www.shoreline.edu/hr.
Shoreline Community College is dedicated to inclusive excellence in teaching and learning, student success, and community engagement. To this end, the Research Analyst supports the data-informed decision-making process. This is an exciting opportunity for a person who enjoys hands-on work with real-world data and relishes the opportunity to solve puzzles and improve processes. Under the general direction of the Director of Research & Grants, the Research Analyst will code on a daily basis and distill complex information into meaningful summaries and dynamic visuals.
The Research Analyst will also play an essential role in designing and maintaining dynamic reports of key performance indicators (i.e., data dashboards). In addition, the Research Analyst will assist with coordination of reporting institutional data to state-wide and national data systems, as well as management of data collection at the College.
Shoreline serves the educational, workforce, and cultural needs of our diverse students and communities through the core themes of educational attainment and student success, program excellence, community engagement, access and diversity, and College stewardship. Shoreline Community College is a place of open inquiry and learning, with a campus that models ideals set out in our Community Standard*. We are committed to upholding a culture of free expression, as well as maintaining a supportive and respectful learning and working environment for all.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors’ degree in Education, Social Science, Computer Science, or other field that emphasizes research, data analysis, and visualization
· Two (2) years of experience conducting quantitative data analysis related to applied research projects
· Relational database design, and familiarity with Microsoft SQL Report Builder.
· Business Intelligence reporting concepts (e.g., data dashboards)
· Statistical analysis packages (Excel, SAS/SPSS, R)
· MS Office Suite (including pivot table, charting and drawing functions in Excel and PowerPoint) and other standard office applications)
· Fostering a climate of equity and belonging through multicultural awareness and global competency
· Writing data queries using SQL or similar language and analyzing both small and large datasets
· Conducting complex database queries for extraction and analysis of institutional data using SQL
· Creating and maintaining dynamic and accessible data reports related to key indicators (e.g., data dashboards using Tableau and SQL Server Reporting Services)
· Designing and conducting institutional research studies based on College priorities
· Supporting ongoing data reporting needs for grant-funded projects and grant proposals
· Providing ongoing enrollment information to College constituents
· Providing in-depth analysis and reporting of institutional and survey data related to student satisfaction, student learning, and student success
· Accessing and incorporating data from external sources, such as the National Student Clearinghouse, Washington state Employment Security Department, and the Washington state Mutual Research Transcript Exchange (MRTE)
· Assisting with data collection and analysis for accreditation reports
· Conducting required data reporting to state and national agencies (e.g., IPEDS)
· Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and researchers within the College, state agencies, and other institutions of higher education
TO APPLY: We accept only applications submitted through the HR website and are currently unable to accept resumes submitted through 3rd party platforms. For additional questions, please contact the HR office at www.shoreline.edu/hr.